- ¾ cup + 1 teaspoon (95 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup + 1 teaspoon (125 g) bread flour (all-purpose can be substituted, see notes)
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
WET INGREDIENTS 1
WET INGREDIENTS 2
- 8 tablespoons (113 g) unsalted butter (cold, cubed)
- ½ cup (100 g) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 g) white granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups (340 g) of chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
MIX DRY INGREDIENTS
- Use a whisk or a fork to mix the bread flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
MIX WET INGREDIENTS 1
- In a separate small bowl, use a whisk or a fork to beat the egg, vanilla extract, and sourdough starter until smooth. Set aside.
MIX WET INGREDIENTS 2
- Place the cold, cubed butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat on low speed until the mixture forms small crumbles, 45-60 seconds. Add the chocolate chips and mix on low speed for 30-45 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until the batter starts to become a crumbly mixture, 20-30 seconds. Pour in the egg mixture and mix on low speed until the dough comes together and starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl, 20-30 seconds. Use a spatula to stir the batter, ensuring all of the ingredients have been fully incorporated.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion the dough into 12 balls, (2 scoops per cookie) and place them on a parchment-lined baking tray. Chill the dough in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours. (24 hours is best!)
- Bake in a preheated, 375°F (190°C) oven for 15-17 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the center still appears slightly under-baked. Remove and allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Thank you to Little Spoon Farm for the recipe.